What We Do
NALHD’s work supports local health departments’ (LHDs) collaboration and capacity to make the Good Life a healthy one for everyone in Nebraska.
NALHD contributes to LHD’s Planning and Assessment work. We…
- Facilitate groups and plan & evaluate programs.
- Contribute to data collection and visualization capacity.
- Provide technical assistance services to maximize LHD capacity.
NALHD supports Health Literate Communication statewide. We…
- Develop and curate health literate communication assets.
- Provide translation and training in best practices.
- Provide Health Literacy training for LHDs and their community partners.
NALHD fosters collaboration to help our public health system develop and grow. We…
- Coordinate communities of practice in a variety of program areas.
- Co-lead Nebraska’s 21st Century Learning Community team.
- Promote the work of LHDs.
- Foster strategic partnerships.